11/01: 23:40 - Emirates Limo will transfer us from Ivanhoe to MEL
- Check our luggage and present our tickets for both EK 409 MEL / KUL & MH 782 (was: MH 788) - KUL / BKK and get confirmation that our bags will be transferred at KLIA.
- Go to the Emirates Lounge.
12/01: EK 409 - 03:40 - MEL | KUL - 08:25
- At KLIA: Window-shop for prices in the Satellite Building...
- Gadgets & Gizmos on the way to the rainforest and the aerotrain, in the East Concourse (Gates C21-27)
- Go to the MAS Transfer Desk and ask where the Regional Golden Lounge is located on the Contact Pier. .
- MH 782 (was: MH 788) - 15:15 - KUL | BKK - 16:20 (was: 12:25 - KUL | BKK - 13:30) - Level 4, Contact Pier
On Arrival @ BKK: Withdraw around THB15,000 from a VISA / PLUS ATM.
- Go to dtac Service Centre in the Arrivals Hall and purchase 2 x pre-paid Happy Tourist Sim Cards (THB99 each) plus 2 x THB500 Refill Cards (about AUD35.00)
- Go to the Limo desk and pay for a car to the Shangri-la Hotel, Bangkok - Krungthep Wing
At the Shangri-la: After check-in...
- Confirm our booking - Premium Buffet A La Carte @ Baiyoke Sky Hotel - Telephone: +66-(2)-6563-000 ext. 4, +66-(2)-6563-409 - 19:00 - Bangkok Balcony – http://baiyokesky.baiyokehotel.com/index.php?main_page=restaurants
- Confirm our booking - Shangri-la's Horizon II Dinner Cruise for this evening.
- Give an estimate time required when taking a taxi from the Shangri-la to the Ancient City, it seems to be around 31Km and Google Maps suggests it takes 50 minutes, but is this right during morning peak-hour... Some TAs have advised taking the BTS to Bearing, and then catching a taxi, which would entail our boarding at Saphan Taksin and employing the inter-change at Siam. What does the butler recommend?
- Confirm our bookings for the Siam Niramit Show and have her/him pay for the tickets (THB4700) via... Telephone: +66-2-649-9222 - Query butler on transport to Siam Niramit... they advise that they have a free shuttle service that runs from Exit 1 of Thailand Cultural Centre MRT Station but would it be better to catch a taxi? Warning: Peak Hour... what time to leave? - The tickets (Gold Seats & Dinner) are to be collected at the Box Office on the 14th,but, Siam Niramit have not yet replied to our email regarding confirmation of our Booking Reference Number.
- Arrange our transfers from CNX to the Shangri-la Hotel, Chiang Mai and, our return to the airport... we don't really require a Mercedes, so which type of car and how much?
Afternoon: Shop at MBK - Don't forget to acquire a Tourist Discount Card...
- Decide how to get there (butler again?) after checking-out access to Saphan Taksin BTS Station - if it looks like it will be too hard, take a taxi... if we take the BTS - alight at National Stadium and take the sky-bridge to MBK - 2nd Floor
- Shoes, sandals - 2nd & 1st Floors
- Wraps, scarves, etc., - 2nd & 1st Floors
- Whatever... don’t forget to look for a displayed sign advising that the store can offer VAT refund for tourists. - Because of the MAS flight bump, we'll have to forgo this.
BKK Terminal Map:
Evening: Shangri-la's Dinner Cruise