Morning: 09:00 - Take delivery of our rental car - at the Marriott.
1. At pick up time, Pure Car Rental staff will check our name with hotel's reception and call to our room.
2. Prepare our passport, driver's license, and credit card. Then do paperwork with their staff.
- Telephone: 076 211 002 or, 076 217 797 in case we can not find their staff.
- Go for a drive – take our time travelling down the Island - See Map Below - if we take the left fork, after Phuket Town (Meuang Phuket) we’ll go through Si Sunthon, Ko Kaeo, Ratsda, Phuket Town.
- Drive through Phuket Town along Highway 402 until we reach Thungkhar Road and turn right - Thunkhar becomes Mae Luan Road - turn left at Patphat - which later becomes Chao Fha Road - and turn left into Sakdidet which later becomes 4023... look out for, and turn right into, 4129 and continue on to the Marine Biological Research Centre or Phuket Aquarium.
- After the Aquarium, back-track up 4023 and turn left at Sakdidet Soi 7 and drive along to the T-intersection (Chao Fah Tawan Tok) and turn left again... The Courtyard Shopping Centre is on our right, so we'll have to pass it to Sai Charewadi where we can do a U-Turn... when we've finished shopping, go back to Sakdidet Soi 7 where we can, once more, accomplish a U-Turn and go back until we turn left at Thanon Khwang (4021), we'll eventually reach Chao Fah Tawan Aok (also 4021) and turn right. Continue on... after the round-a-bout, the highway number changes to 4024 (West) and continue through Rawai until we can turn right onto 4233...
- Stop at the Kata View Point for some photos - we'll see the carpark on the left immediately after Leammumnai Road.
Afternoon: After the View Point, continue up 4233 until we reach a T-intersection... turn left away from Karon Beach and towards Kata Noi Beach, Mom Tri's Kitchen at Villa Royale will be on the right...
- 12 Kata Noi Road, Kata - Telephone: 076 333 569 - we have made a reservation for either the Thai Sala or The Patio.
- Mosey on through Karon to Patong where we can park the car in the car-park of Jung Ceylon – and look around the town.
- Follow the map directions (below) from Jung Ceylon, and when we turn right onto Beach Road, look out for Jindas Shop - It will be on the left between the Irish Bar and the Sailor Bar - find a parking-spot - Impiana? - and go there.
- On our way back to the resort we’ll pass through Kammala, Cheong Thale, Thep Krasattri and then get to Mai Kao… the turn-off to the resort is left at the 38km post.
Evening: Dinner at Turtle Village - Bill Bentley Club? The Coffee Club?