Accommodation: Shangri-La Hotel, Chiang Mai
On arrival: PG 223 - 10:00 - BKK | CNX - 11:15
- Withdraw THB1500 from a VISA / PLUS ATM
- Buy a Nancy Chandler walking map from a bookshop at CNX.
- We'll be greeted by a driver for transfer to Shangri-la, Chiang Mai
At the Club: have the purser...
- Make a booking for Dinner at Kad Kafé at the Shangri-la on Wednesday the 18th - 19:30 for 20:00
- Make a booking for dinner at The Spirit House, for tomorrow night - 18:30 for 19:00 Telephone: 08-4803-4366
- Also confirm tomorrow's Paul Collins' Tuk Tuk tour... Telephones: 08-4948-3315 & 08-5048-4606
- Ask about the cost of hiring a taxi for about five hours from 08:00 on Wednesday morning.
- Go to Genesis Tailors on Level 1
- Take a samlor, tuk tuk or, taxi to the Tha Phae Gate to have Lunch at Kafe@Ginger (In 'The House' Complex)... It is on Moon Muang Rd (if we are standing in the Tha Phae Gate and looking into the moat, it is up to our right about ¾ the way along). Beautiful food.
- Samlor tour of the moated town... and return to the Shangri-la through the Chiang Mai Gate...
- Using Nancy Chandler's map to direct our samlors, look out for the big three (temples) the big three, Wat Phra Singh, Wat Chedi Luang and Wat Chiang Man and also, Wat Phan Tao, Anusawari Sam Kasat (Three Kings Monument) among many others.
- Chiang Mai City Arts & Cultural Centre
Evening: Take in the Night Market on Chang Khlan Road