“Good company on a journey makes the way seem shorter” ~ Izaak Walton
Welcome to our travel itinerary for our 2012 trip to Cairns, Far North Queensland.
This is a short synopsis of our travels between the 28th of May and the 1st of June, 2012 where, on our departure from Melbourne's Tullamarine airport, we...
For more details, go to: Itinerary & Information
- Interactive Map: A 'live' map of our itinerary, relevant to each stage of our journey, can be found on most pages - including this one - simply zoom-in, zoom-out and click on an icon for more information;
- Itinerary & Information: an area of the website in the format of an Agenda with links to Dates; Locations and Accommodation Properties: There, you'll find further information on Culture & Sightseeing, Emergency, Getting Around, Money, Shopping, Street Food / Restaurants,Transportation, and, et cetera, that may be of interest during our stay in that city or region:
- 2012 Travel Blog: a link to our diary that will be updated as we travel around Cairns, the Rainforest & The Great Barrier Reef, including daily videos and slide shows of the photos we've taken;
- No matter where you are within the site: a very useful Search Engine is located to the right of the header on each page - just type in a keyword or phrase and you'll find what you're after.
- Credits are due to many very helpful persons and websites - especially the members / contributors of TripAdvisor, particularly its very informative and knowledgeable Destination Experts - and, given the available time-frame for the trip our itinerary would not have been as inclusive without access to these resources.
Jackie & Gary
You can email us on our phones as well...
... as well as, read our reviews on TripAdvisor
and 'Add as a Friend' or 'Like' at the top of our Facebook page for more news.